My husband loves these banana bites and the good thing about them is that they are delicious to eat without butter and also freeze well. If you want them to last you will need to add the full amount of sugar as the sugar keeps them fresher for longer, however if you just want to eat on the day then you can reduce the sugar by 1/4 cup which will result in a healthier treat. You could make these banana muffins into the standard muffin size thus yielding 12 muffins however you will just have to bake for a further 7-10 minutes.
Makes 24 mini muffins| Baking time 12-15 minutes| Quick and easy to prepare
100 grams unsalted butter
3/4 cup (165 grams) soft brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (225 grams) flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons of milk
2 ripe bananas mashed – the riper the better
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Grease a 24 mini muffin tin
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition
- Mix in vanilla
- Sift dry ingredients and fold in half of the dry ingredients to butter mixture, then add milk following with the remainder of the dry ingredients.
- Finally mix in mashed banana
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. It is worthwhile turning the muffins half way through if your oven does not heat evenly.