This chocolate pudding is so delicious you would not believe it is made without refined sugar and is dairy-free as well as gluten free.
The torte needs to be served fridge cold and will keep for four days in the fridge but can be frozen for up to one month. If frozen transfer to the fridge for two hours before serving.
Makes 1 pie | Chilling time required | Healthy
Utensils required: Food processor|Measuring cups & spoons & scale|20 cm round springform tin
150 grams almonds – soaked in water for 2 hours, then drained
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/2 tbsp raw honey
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until they come together
- Press into a lined 20 cm round springform tin
- Place in the fridge while you prepare the filling
2 cups (300 grams) dates
4 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp raw honey
160 mls coconut cream
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Soak dates in hot water for about 15 minutes, drain water
- Add dates with the rest of the ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth
- Spoon over the base and smooth the top of the surface with the back of a spoon
- Place in the freezer for 4 hours before serving or refrigerate for 12 hours before serving. Always serve fridge cold and dust with cocoa powder if desired.